The village of Barzia (1796 inhabitants) is located 6 km from Berkovitsa. It is located on both sides of the river and the road. According to legend, in more distant times the village was in the area of Bela Voda and was called Gorna Klisura. Then he moved to Karaula. Later the village was settled on the present place, under the name Dervent. This is also attested in Turkish documents. After the Liberation it was called Klisura, and since 1950 it has been named after the river Barzia .